On 05/04/2013 05:54 AM, Marc Paré wrote:
This is the thread to develop the brochure-type "General Information" brochure. I have uploaded a sample brochure with the content. We should first re-read the content, and once we have agreed on the content, proofed the content and formatted the content, we can move on to completing the rest of the remaining 3 versions of this brochure.

The reason I started with the USLtr is that Tim says that he has a pressing need for this particular type of community brochure for an upcoming meeting/event.

Please have a look at the content and make any suggestions to improve the text on this thread.

You may find the file here: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:LibreOfficeV.4.0.x-CommunityBrochure-GeneralInformation-USLtr.odt

YES

I have some presentations coming up, starting in June. Also, every time I "chat up" someone about LibreOffice, all I can currently do is give them a business card. Maybe a DVD if I really get someone hooked. But if I had a few brochures in my case/bag that I take with my 50% of the time, it would give them some physical "thing" with information about LO to take home andmaybe show to the families.

There are places in libraries, and other locations, where you see brochures being displayed. I would love to get a bunch of LO brochures placed in these locations. Since LO is a free service/product it may be allowed there. Half of the brochures are for advertising for tourism locationsand businesses. But there are some for other "things".

I would like to do an open "event" at thedowntown library branch to talk about LibreOffice as a replacement for MSO. There are a lot of things I do not use LO for that might come up in such a meeting/presentation, so it would take a lot of prep time before I will do that type of open meeting. The "suits" I want to do, as soon as I get the materials needed so I can schedule it, is for several of the local Kiwanis organizations. I am part of the Kiwanis organization already, so I just need to get my presentation scheduled for one of their lunch meetings. LO will be the second topic I presented to these "suits". The only "problem" will be that half of the men/women are over 50 and set in their ways. I would love to do a presentation to the younger Kiwanis "family" groups thatwould have no issues to useLO instead of MSO. They have not spent years at work using MSO and does not want to learn a new system.

SO
I need marketing materials. Brochures. Signs, Handouts. All of that type of thing. I burn and print my own DVDs. Now I have a printer that can print 13 by 19 inch paper, if I can find it. It may be able to print out 12 inch wide by 4 foot long sheets cut from roll paper. Right now, I print out 11 by 17 inch tabloid/ledger size paper in both the "standard" and cover stock weights of paper with that printer. The signs are small, but not as small as a letter or A4 size sheet.

SO
please help us edit the brochure content to make it ready for me, and others, to use. I print off dozens at atime, or as many as I can print and fold, using my home/officeprinters, in the time I have to do that task. I have printed them off on white and pastel colored paper stock and used a monochrome laser and/or an inkjet printer. It all depends what group of people I hand the brochure to. Full color, text and paper, tends to go to the businesses, while monochrome text/images tend to go to the people I "chat up" at various non-business locations.