Hi Cor,

Le 07/04/13 12:33 PM, Cor Nouws a écrit :

) but they offer the standard categories based on "Interests": Music,
Education, Computers & Software Programming, Food, Outdoors, Home
Improvement, etc.

As it was suggested earlier here I'd like to go for the Education
category.

Why do you prefer that over 'Computers & Software Programming' ?

thanks,
Cor

It was my suggestion. We have attended many conferences with the intention of attracting devs to the project and are still well organized for more such conference attendance but we have had very little in the way of trying to work on user/membership growth which has led us to critical shortage of membership help in many areas of our project.

There are just too few of us trying to contribute for the amount of work. We are great at initiatives, but, maintaining these initiatives needs a volunteer workforce of contributors (i.e. wiki page maintenance, website page maintenance, events maintenance, marketing, design ...). Some of our most prolific contributors are now helping with maintenance whereas they should be (ideally) working on projects they are more interested in. We need more user/member contributors to help upkeep our project in areas other than coding.

These are all the arguments for which I proposed we go for education as we will get a larger spectrum of potential user-volunteer-types in this category.

Marc Paré
Marc@MarcPare.com
http://www.parEntreprise.com