Hello everyone,

Le Mon, 01 Apr 2013 21:47:37 +0200,
Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl> a écrit :

Hi Charles,

Charles-H. Schulz wrote (24-03-13 18:05)

I'd like to revisit the Facebook Ad project, and I'd like some
feedback on the approach.
Let me summarize how a Facebook Ad seems to work:
       * you base yourself on a Page (Product Page, Fan Page, etc.)
and the ad will bring people who click on it on the page (This is
         not an online Ad leading you to www.libreoffice.org ! )
       * you set a maximum daily amount you want to spend: I
suggest 30$ for about one month, and then let's see where that
takes us. I understand Facebook provides metrics, but if anyone
knows more about this, please feel free to share/help.
       * you target an abstract population of Facebook users that
has specific interests listed: we could go for the Computer/Software
         category, but perhaps there are better ideas around.

Since it's a test, I have no special preference right now.
What categories are possible?

I don't have the precise list here (more info can be found on this
Facebook PDF:
http://fbrep.com//collateral/Ads_Manager_Guide_with_Action_Measurement.pdf
) but they offer the standard categories based on "Interests": Music,
Education, Computers & Software Programming, Food, Outdoors, Home
Improvement, etc.

As it was suggested earlier here I'd like to go for the Education
category.

best,

--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder & Director, The Document Foundation,