On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Florian Monfort
<florian.monfort@gmail.com> wrote:
But we're also talking about Cloud Computing now, and the truth is,
LibreOffice is ages behind it... And you know very well that there is a big
advantage to Cloud Computing : You don't have to make an update to get it,
the service is being upgraded by someone else, just like with Google Docs.
We need that kind of "simple way to go".

Cloud Computing is great for those people who have a reasonably fast,
affordable, and reliable Internet connection. Some of us don't have
that luxury. For example, for about 14 hours earlier today I had NO
Internet connection, either broadband or 3G mobile. It was simply
GONE. All my iCloud services did not work.

I realise this is not direct relevant to the "silent update" issue
(such an update would simply take care of itself when the Internet
returns), but I do take issue with statements that Cloud Computing is
necessarily a good thing.

--Jesn