Hello everyone,

I'd like to call this discussion to an end. As it was mentionned several times here and elsewhere,
implementing a self-upgrade mechanism, be it silent or otherwise is for the moment not possible.
It's high up there in terms of developpers visibility, meaning that developers know it's important
but given the nature of our legacy code it requires a lot of efforts - or a lot of money. Unless
someone here is willing to raise money and to write the full spec , this discussion is daydreaming
:-) .

Going back to important matters we are releasing the 4.0 in less than two months. I'll send out a
doodle for a marketing call, Italo will update us on the communication strategy, and we are still
looking for volunteers willing to design a nice page presenting the 4.0 , among other tasks. Any
takers?

Cheers,

Charles.