Hello Tom,

I don't know why you posted this on the marketing list, perhaps we
should continue this discussion on discuss@... anyway.

Maybe such a code of conduct is needed, I don't dwell too much on the
users list to be frank. However, what's really important is to have this
code enforced, and that means to have community members who are able to
moderate and help the mailing list in question to remain polite and
helpful. In this sense, I would trust a few people more than I would
trust a code of conduct. As you do spend much more time  on the Users
mailing list than me, do you think you need such a code, or do you need
more people to help out users (in a polite tone, of course)?

Best,
Charles.