On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:38 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:

We should see that we find moderators being able to cover at least these topics:

- Marketing
- Documentation
- QA
- Development
- Localization
- Design/UX
- TDF Infra (including the forum itself)
- TDF Orga (that is BoD etc.)
- Windows, OSX, Linux (each)

[...]

We shouldnt overextend ourselves with the number of forums, that will
fragmentize the userbase. Instead we should start off with the minimum number
of forums and join topics at the start, e.g. with only these subforums:

- News, Events and Announcements (aka Marketing)
- Users (Setup and Troubleshooting, StarBasic, Extensions, Configuration, Customization)
- Documentation (HowTos, FAQs), Localization and Design
- LibreOffice QA and Development (Building LibreOffice, Debugging,
- TDF Infra and Orga
- Off the wall (which is a place for socializing unrelated to LibreOffice or TDF)

Possibly even Users and Documentation... should be joined in the beginning.
Only once a subforum became a buzzing hub, we should consider splitting up. We
should _not_ offer subforum for languages other than english, unless there is a
trusted team of at least three trusted moderators committing themselves on it.

Your view of forums is much broader and quite different from what I
was thinking about, which was specifically for user support, similar
to what was set up for OOo (now AOO):

Perhaps first we should discuss how broad the topics areas covered
should be: the whole project or just user support or something in
between?

You have mentioned in a later note some reasons for having forums for
the whole project, but it seems to me that might be a really big
change that should perhaps be tackled in smaller steps.

Also, could you explain what you see as the purpose of a forum for
Documentation? Do you see it as a place for producers of docs to
discuss what's needed, what's being done, etc? Or something else? If
for producers, IMO it should definitely NOT be combined with a forum
for users, which I see as covering more than the topics you have
listed above.

Hoping you can help me get a better idea of what your ideas are...

--Jean