==========
Yes, great idea.

2011/7/10 Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com>

On 10 July 2011 02:41, Takeshi Abe <tabe@fixedpoint.jp> wrote:

Hello Florian, all,

On Sat, 09 Jul 2011 20:43:18 +0200, Florian Effenberger <
floeff@documentfoundation.org> wrote:
Hello,

back in the OpenOffice.org times, we had a comprehensive list of so
called MarCons (http://marketing.openoffice.org/contacts.html),
marketing contacts for various languages and regions. They acted as a
local point of contact for the press and for local events (outside
channel), but also were in charge of translating press releases,
distributing them and coordinating with the local communities (inside
channel). They also represented their language groups in the marketing
confcalls and on the conference.
Great idea, thanks a lot for your initiative.

As discussed in the latest marketing conference calls, we would like to
have something similar for LibreOffice, to work together more
efficiently.

Right now, we have four media spokespeople for The Document Foundation
(http://www.documentfoundation.org/contact/), who are eligible of
representing the foundation in the press. The number of official TDF
contacts should be rather limited, as they represent the legal entity
of
the foundation at large in the press, so I would not do any major
changes to these four people.
+1

For LibreOffice, i.e. the project and the software, no official
contacts
exist so far, and I would like to change that, and I envision a similar
scheme as we had with OpenOffice.org. At the moment, only a few
language
groups translate press releases, and there seem to be some confusion on
who is "eligible" of representing LibreOffice. In order to have a
better
press appearance, I think it is crucial that we have defined
responsibilities, publically known contacts, and some processes in
place. One of these processes would be to regularly take care of the
press release translations. We will also set-up an internal space where
press contacts and other items could be shared amongst the contacts.

My (rough) idea for the moment is that each language group names one or
ideally two marketing representatives, preferably through voting. Those
contacts should already engage themselves in the global marketing
mailing list, and if there are no objections from the wider community,
we should set them in place on a publically available website.
+1 for two representatives per language, because it will help each
local community to avoid so-called a single point of failure and
to encourage them to work together collaboratively.

Cheers,
-- Takeshi Abe

We can discuss about the details, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on
the basic idea first.

Thanks!
Florian

Tel: +49 8341 99660880 | Mobile: +49 151 14424108

deleted

+1. One thing I'd like to see is a quarterly report. Just a quick list of
actions or activities during the last quarter and any future plans for each
marcon in a central place eg a wiki. This would ensure ideas and practice
spreads between marcons and also makes each think wit a bit of focus about
what they have taken on.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940