+1 to comments posted at the bottom of the thread.  The documentation team is
also currently writing documentation on work-flow for documents looked after by
the documentation team.  Certain innovations and things that have happened high
up in TDF recently have changed things a little but hopefully made it easier to
contribute time and skills.