Le 2011-02-28 10:16, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :

Perhaps this is the right moment to think about creating one official
DVD/USB stick for the LibreOffice project? :-) I'd be willing to help...

We were really thinking more of on a regional basis. From what I can see, in North America, there would be enough LibreOffice members interested in keeping up a North American version of a North American LibreOffice DVD. This DVD would have files specific to the North American market and have EN; ES, FR-Canada specific language support (HTML pages translated into these languages).

For Central and South American, at this point, there does not seem to be enough members to keep up a South American DVD version in Spanish. As the North American version will support ES for native Hispanic Americans (many from Central and South America decent) and Mexico, it would make sense for the North American DVD help out with supporting South American Spanish DVD. This is the reason why it was proposed the project name change to the Americas DVD project. Helping out the South/Central American Spanish would cause very little additional work.

It now seems that the BrOffice members are discussing this as well and that we may be able to pool our resources and create an all-inclusive Americas DVD with EN; ES, BR-PT and FR-Canadian support.

IMO, if, eventually, there are enough interested LibreOffice members who could could support a South American DVD in ES and BR-PT, they could separate and have their own regional South American DVD or/and Central American DVD projects.

Having regional versions would allow us to add more region-specific materials on the disc.

If we were to produce one official disk, it would be harder to target specific materials to specific regional-language groups. I don't believe that the DVD space would allow this. As it stands now, the Americas DVD is already getting pretty full and Tim (the main contributor) is already warning us that the disk space if of concern.

So, IMO, regional DVD/USB sticks for the LibreOffice project would be more practical for the North/Central/South American regions.

And yes, any help with the DVD/USB projects would be most welcome.

Cheers