Hi Dave,

FYI I used the early 'official' logos that are provided on the wiki. I am
getting tired of the rude objections toi juste about everything It do.

I'm very sorry if you consider my comments as "rude objections".

They have never been meant to sound that way.

As mentioned earlier, we are still in a period of defining our basics.

This includes the graphical resources and the rules how to use them.
So it might be possible that the official logos are slightly modified
over the time.

It's important for LibreOffice to be consistent and professional in the
way it is presented in public. That's the reason why we provide Branding
Guidelines [1] and why we want our trademarks to be respected.

The Trademark Policy is in a close-to-final state, allowing to use our
marks without previous single case request in the most cases.

If you wanted to sell a brown, sugared beverage you will not be allowed
to call it "Coca Cola", if it would not contain pure Coca Cola. Even if a
set of beverages contain Coca Cola among others, you would probably
be not allowed to call them "Coca Cola set" - you would need to show
clearly that your set is not provided by the Coca Cola company.
And if you sell pure Coke, you will notbe allowed to change the label's
color to green.

There are rules that should be followed in our community too - and not
following these rules might lead to negative perception in public.

So please don't feel criticized for providing feedback on our list: It's
nearly the opposite - we just want to improve and clarify your design and
our public perception.

It is the viger font!

The offiicial Logo font is called Vegur, but I think Stefan wanted to refer to
the fact that you added a different subline in another font to the logo. As it
doesn't have the necessary white space from the logo itself, it looked like it
was part of the logo.

Best regards

Bernhard

PS: Just to make it clear: Providing a possibility to get LibreOffice on DVD
is a task I really apprechiate. It supports our community and the product!

[1]: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding