[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] KeyID change across branches for the same string
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] KeyID change across branches for the same string
- From: "Ming H." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 10:22:22 +0800
- To: "LO L10N Mailing List" <email@example.com>
Hi all (but most likely Christian),
While doing translation for "UI - master" on Weblate today I came across the following string, at the time untranslated, with KeyID BUn8M:
I was surprised that this was never translated for Chinese, so I went back to "UI - 6.4" and found this, with KeyID dPabj:
In my naked eye, they look the same. They are also both from the same file (sfx2/uiconfig/ui/licensedialog.ui), and have the same context (licensedialog|label). So how did they end up with different KeyIDs?
They don't show up in the other's "similar strings" section either, though that's probably expected as that feature may only match strings in the same Weblate project.
It would be nice if such problem can be avoided. I only noticed this because this is an extremely long string. There are probably many other short ones that fell through the crack and increased work for many translation teams.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] KeyID change across branches for the same string||Christian Lohmaier <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question about file download/upload on Weblate
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] KeyID change across branches for the same string
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate "quality" bar
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] KeyID change across branches for the same string