[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: LO translation, some questions


Hello,

Christian: I understand now why my Slovenian fixes weren't taken into account.

Thank you for the tip about https://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1587004936.27388#err3 ! I could fix tags problem.


Martin: Indeed, I'm not a Slovenian but I only fix obvious tag problems, not the language itself.

You talked about better "TM management", about "certain updates faster" but did you compare with Pootle or did you also try Weblate and compare with it?

It could be useful to indicate what could be improved in Weblate (perhaps you already did it?).

Moreover, it means the suggestion of a Slovenian on Weblate won't be taken into account (like my fixes about tags, those weren't suggestions) or do you (or someone of Slovenian team) regularly take a look if there are any new suggestions?

Regards,

Julien

On 16/04/2020 13:52, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
Hi, Julien,

thanks for noticing the error, I just updated Slovenian localization and Andras already checked it into master. So the error should not be there anymore.

If you find any errors in strings that break build process, please let me know (or for better visibility and reference, file a bug in bugzilla).
Please, do not change  Slovenian translations, as you are not a Slovenian l10n team member.

Christian, Yes, I am not using Weblate (nor was I using Pootle) because of better TM management by my own system. Also, turnaround for certain updates is faster or more convenient for our team.

Lp, m.

V V čet., 16. apr. 2020 ob 11:16 je oseba Christian Lohmaier <lohmaier@googlemail.com <mailto:lohmaier@googlemail.com>> napisala:

Hi Julien,

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 10:41 AM Julien Nabet <serval2412@yahoo.fr
<mailto:serval2412@yahoo.fr>> wrote:
> Building with all langs and helpcontent, I noticed this:
>
> Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch:
root line 0 and literal
> išite parametre funkcije <literal>a</literal>,
&lt;literal&quot;&gt;b</literal>
> […]
> Indeed sl/helpcontent2/source/text/scalc/guide.po contains:
> […]
> However, I fixed this 11 days ago, see
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textscalcguide/sl/?checksum=fbc4a7f32d2a3bae

Slovenian still is in my list of languages not using TDF's translation
tooling/was one of the languages that was updated independently via
Andras, so changes in weblate are not added automatically when I
update translations in the core repo.

> Any idea what's wrong?

Well, nothing necessarily wrong - what counts for the build process is
what is committed to the translations repository.

For weblate I'm using an intermediate repository on github where
weblate automatically pushes to. But I don't want to have 14 weekly
commits to the translations repo, since that will also trigger commits
to core for moving the submodule tag and lots of small changes will
just have a higher noise ratio in the changes (change of last change
date to actual changes).

tldr: Slovenian translations have not been managed via pootle back in
the day and are pushed to the translations repo by Andras (last push
to 6-4 was in February, however last push to master is from last
November). There has been a langauge setup in pootle for it though, so
that's the reason why it also ended up in weblate, but still I/my
scripts still ignore it.

So question is for Slovenian translators (which I assume is just
Martin?) whether they want to use weblate instead (honestly don't know
the reason why pootle wasn't used - I mean you could still translate
offline and push the po files to pootle (and now weblate) to have them
part of the same update process)

If I should switch to using weblate as source, let me know.

> Finally, any idea to know where is the pb when we got this:
>
> [build HPX] ta/helpcontent2/source/text/smath/guide
> Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch:
ahelp line 0 and root
> ¤à¯<8d>
பà¯<8a>à®°à¯<81>ளà¯<8d>à®<95>ளà¯<81>à®<95>à¯<8d>à®<95>ளà¯<81>à®<95>à¯<8d>à®<95>à¯<81>
à®<85>லà¯<8d>ல.</root>
> […]
> Indeed, with these characters, impossible to git grep or search
in Weblate.

You'll have an easier time with those using the tinderbox/jenkins logs
where the output is properly encoded:
https://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1587004936.27388#err3

ciao
Christian

PS: feel free to use the l10n@global.libreoffice.org
<mailto:l10n@global.libreoffice.org> mailinglist for
problems like this - that is bugs in translations affecting multiple
langauges...


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: l10n+unsubscribe@global.libreoffice.org
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Follow-Ups:
[libreoffice-l10n] Re: LO translation, some questionsChristian Lohmaier <lohmaier@googlemail.com>
[libreoffice-l10n] Re: LO translation, some questionsMartin Srebotnjak <miles@filmsi.net>
Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.