[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Behaviour of the "Needs editing" flag in Weblate
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Behaviour of the "Needs editing" flag in Weblate
- From: Tuomas Hietala <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 13:48:18 +0200
- To: LO L10N Mailing List <email@example.com>
Currently TDF Weblate seems to be set up to revert to the original English string when a translated string is flagged as "needs editing". I.e. the English string is shown in the UI instead of the flagged translation. As the Weblate workflow in LibreOffice has not been documented yet, I don't know whether this is intentional or not. However, this is different from some other projects I have translated on other Weblate instances, so the behaviour may be different from what some people are used to.
Because of this, it's currently probably not a good idea to flag all strings needing editing as "needs editing" (as I initially did), but only to flag strings where the translation is clearly wrong or confusing enough that the English string is preferred. I think this limits the usefulness of the flag somewhat, but I guess comments could be used for the same purpose also.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Behaviour of the "Needs editing" flag in Weblate||sophi <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] [PATCH] Fix typo
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Behaviour of the "Needs editing" flag in Weblate
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Please clarify translation deadlines
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Behaviour of the "Needs editing" flag in Weblate