[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[libreoffice-l10n] Scottish Gaelic (gd) localisation
- Subject: [libreoffice-l10n] Scottish Gaelic (gd) localisation
- From: Michael Bauer <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 21:24:59 +0100
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
I'd like to take over the Scottish Gaelic localisation. The previous locale leaders have let the project slip for a variety of reasons which I don't want to go into. Either way, it's been stuck on 3.01 for a long time and isn't moving.
I've got plenty of track record if CVs are in order ;)
I'm locale leader over on Mozilla for gd and was behind the recent release of Firefox and the forthcoming release of Thunderbird; also been keeping Google up to date for gd for many years. I'm sure I can get people over there to vouch for my sticktoitiveness (not my invention!) and qualification.
My main shortcoming is a lack of programming skills but Kevin Scannell (who is leader for Irish and who walked me through the Mozilla process) tells me LibreOffice is easier in terms of localisation. The main thing I'd need support with initially would be getting the existing Gaelic strings moved onto whatever the new platform will be so I can crack on.
le meas mòr,
Michael "Akerbeltz" Bauer
www.faclair.com * www.akerbeltz.org
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to email@example.com
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.
|Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Scottish Gaelic (gd) localisation||"Charles-H. Schulz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-l10n] Dictionaries
- Next by Date: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Localizations
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-l10n] Dictionaries
- Next by thread: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Scottish Gaelic (gd) localisation