Thanks, this is a very good explanation.

Tuomas

Kevin Suo kirjoitti 27.8.2021 3:22:
As explained in the Help page:

*"Translate common terms*
Converts words with two or more characters that are in the list of
common terms. After the list is scanned, the remaining text is
converted character by character."

The "Common Terms" list can be found on the UI if you open "Tools >
Language > Chinese Conversion" where there is a "Edit Terms" button.
Clicking on the button will open an "Edit Dictionary" dialog where you
can define your Common Terms.

For instance, if I've defined the following in the Common Terms list:
中国 --> 美国
(meaning: China --> United States)

Then if I type (or copy paste) the word 中国 into Writer and check the
"Translate common terms" opinion in the Chinese Conversion dialog, the
conversion result would be "美国".

That is to say, the "Common Terms" means the List of Common Terms
dictionary you have defined by yourself (which is blank by default).
In other words, it has nothing to do with "shared".

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Kevin Suo