Hi Sophie,

I searched one more time but my findings were the same as before:

* Weblate’s automatically filled TM is separated into scopes: personal,
per-project, and shared.

* I can manage my personal TM by downloading, uploading, and deleting TM
files. Individual strings cannot be edited or deleted, so the most
practical way to clean up the TM is to delete everything Weblate has
collected and upload a TMX file generated from the latest translations.

* I cannot change project-level TM though. I can only download JSON/TMX
files from it. Also, I seem to have no direct access to the shared scope at
all.

Apparently, while translating, each new entry is added separately to each
scope, so to remove the obsolete entries one has to be able to change the
TM data in all scopes. There is a permission called 'Managing translation
memories' which may or may not help. Judging by the name, it may allow
deleting and uploading per-project and shared TMs. OTOH, if there is no way
to restrict access only to the respective team's language, the server
admins may be reluctant to give it to just any l10n team member. :)

A workaround that comes to mind is to have some automated way to reset TMs
(all scopes) at the server side so that a language team may request
resetting the entire TM for that language without causing too much manual
work on the part of the server maintainer. I assume it is currently
possible (but maybe non-trivial) to purge the entire TM for a language and
regenerate it from the existing translations at the backend because I have
some dim recollection of someone requesting such a thing on this list.

Cheers,
Mihail

PS Unfortunately, the Weblate feature request about highlighting
differences in fuzzy matches remains in the 'help wanted' status since
September 2020.