Hi :)
Sorry to say but i've had a couple of messages off-list from people who
have had trouble dealing with the CLDR people.  Not all community projects
are as open and welcoming as they like to believe.  It's a shame but it
happens [shrugs]

We thought about having 2 columns, one entirely in whichever language and
the other with each item in a different language was considered and
rejected by the Ubuntu project for their installer.  It's a LOT of work and
difficult to keep track of all the different parts of the jigsaw puzzle.
 So, although it might be a nice idea i think we should drop that idea too
and just have the 1 column, as originally suggested;

"
I believe those language names should be changed to the target names
chars for all UIs, like the language listed here:
http://zh-cn.libreoffice.org/international-sites/
(see the second column)

I am thinking about this because of the following reason:

  * It's a waste of time for localizers to translate every foreign
    language names to their own locale. Even translated, it may not be
    correct.
  * In case the users are trying to switch between languages, there may
    be confusion (for example, if I want to test something in Franch UI,
    and after that I want to change back to Chinese UI it's really
    difficult to find the right one in the list box.
"

Sorry my opinions have turned out to be a bit rubbish so far!
Apols and regards from
Tom :)