2011/11/21 Eike Rathke <erack@redhat.com>

Hi Joan,

On Monday, 2011-11-21 13:46:03 +0100, Joan Montané wrote:

Yes, with "current months" I was mean <MonthsOfYear>. Ok, it looks fine
for
me. I will update the Catalan xml file. Just one more question.

With M, MM, MMM, MMMM and MMMMM codes we can generate diferent months
strings. So, what code is used to generate GenitiveMonths strings? there
exists such code?

There is no new code. As said, the decision whether to display
nominative or genitive name is rule based during runtime:

* if a day of month is present in the format code, the genitive name for
 MMM and MMMM is displayed
* if no day of month in the format code is oresent, the nominative name
 for MMM and MMMM is displayed

The MMMMM code is a bit problematic, it can't be stored in the ODF file
format and is translated to an equivalent of MMM, so I didn't mention
that while I was at it I also added an optional <DefaultNarrowName>
element to the month (and day) name elements ;-)  Something for the
future.

In Catalan, we use only de prepositon "de" (or d') in long date formats.
So
current M, MM, MMM and MMMM codes work fine. Is there some way to
generate
<GenitiveMonths> with a custom date format?

Simple, the runtime rules are applied, no need for specific genitive
case date formats.

For Estonian, a specific code (say, MMMMMM) would be useful, actually...
The most usual date format has month name in nominative, though, so it's
not that important. Besides, it would probably be outside the "scope" of
the feature discussed here :)

Regards,
Mihkel