Hi Martin, Andras,
On 30/12/2010 13:11, Andras Timar wrote:
2010.12.30. 10:54 keltezéssel, Martin Srebotnjak írta:
So even if we don't want to use pootle we will have to?

My proposal was to *store* translation in Pootle. It is up to you how to
make translation. One option is Pootle but you may choose other option.

I agree with Andras, here. I, for myself, use Pootle only as a repository, never for translation, sometime to make some checks.

So this is not an obligation, we are trying to see how to simplify the process for the teams taking care of the files at the different steps of the localization process. As Kendy explained, having .sdf file in GIT (and any SCM) is a mess because of the file format. So if in our process it is possible to remove this .sdf step, that will save time to several of us. Of course, if it's a burden for your team, we will find a way to make you happy, no probem.

Even OOo is going into a better direction - they have now automated the
build process of localized builds and they automatically grab Slovenian sdf
from our ftp address, when they need it.

Getting rid of the l10n repository is also the goal. It is huge,
currently 2.4 GB, and is getting bigger with every commit. It takes ages
to download, it takes minutes to commit&  push something, cgit web
interface timeouts when I query this repository etc. git is not good at
handling large text files. AFAIK OOo has the same problem and I have not
seen their solution.

Yes and taking the issue where it is, is imho more efficient than adding ways to workaround it. I will rely and Andras and Rimas here as I know nothing about Pootle admin and Git.

But again Martin, rest assure that we won't put something in place that won't let you contribute in the way you are used to. Let just see how we can make things a little bit better for every body, how it's possible.

Kind regards
Sophie