Hi Julien,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 01:16:30PM -0700, julien2412 <serval2412@yahoo.fr> wrote:
During test for tdf#123196, I noticed this part of code:
817          Width( rInf.GetTextHeight(  ) );
818          Height( rInf.GetTextHeight(  ) );

see
https://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/source/core/text/portxt.cxx?r=7ade17fd#810

Just wondered if it could be a wrong copy paste.
Git history gives:
2015: ab465b90f6c6da5595393a0ba73f33a1e71a2b65
2009: 5ec9de5266069c22f12305392eaec5a7eac3204b
2008: 83a4961b52a17618dbbe62c2e33cc0473b615071

I don't pretend there's a bug here, just some curiosity.

It's probably indeed a bug. I guess the reason why nobody complained
about this in practice is that checkboxes are typically squares (not
rectangles), and then you don't notice it.

This kind of width/height mix is normal for vertical text, but that
doesn't seem to be the case in this context.

Regards,

Miklos