Markus Mohrhard wrote:
so I managed to land the crash reporting that I presented during my FOSDEM
talk finally in time for the 5.2 release.

Hey Moggi,

so first off - this is just awesome. Thanks a whole bloody lot!

The idea is that you can add important information as key value pairs and
they will be available together with the crash report on the server. Some
information that area already part of the minidump are the OS, the CPU, the
loaded modules. Keep in mind that you should only collect the information
that are really necessary.

Some information that we might want to select in the future:

OpenCL info if OpenCL is use
did we crash inside of our OpenGL code
loaded extensions

This indeed all sounds quite useful. Just a very quiet, cautionary
word of warning: I would sleep a bit better if we could all agree on a
four eyes principle (i.e. mandatory reviews) for anything that adds
new information to the crash report. It's sometimes not immediately
obvious, but e.g. extension & path names, font sets etc (and who knows
what else we'll come up with) can reveal quite intimate information
about an installation environment.

For the record, the feature & crash dumps as it is look perfectly
sane.

And again, thanks so much. This is a great addition to LibreOffice, I
used to use the Sun-internal crash reporter that unforunately went
down with that company, and it was invaluable.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten