Hey Riccardo,

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Riccardo Magliocchetti <
riccardo.magliocchetti@gmail.com> wrote:

Il 30/05/2016 02:50, Markus Mohrhard ha scritto:

Hey Riccardo,

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 4:38 PM, Riccardo Magliocchetti
<riccardo.magliocchetti@gmail.com <mailto:
riccardo.magliocchetti@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hello Markus,

    Il 29/05/2016 13:11, Markus Mohrhard ha scritto:

        ** Server (code at https://github.com/mmohrhard/crash )

        automated a few workflows (currently the processing is async and
needs to be
        done manually)

    Do you have more details for this item?

Everything in the processor/views.py is part of these tasks. The ones that
currently come to my mind are transformation from uploaded to processed
crash
and generation of the crash count numbers for the main page. For each of
them we
need a python script that calls them and add the script with a cron job.
Another task that might need similar handling but is not implemented at
all yet
is to delete symbols of old releases.

Does that make sense to you?

Yep, since you are using uwsgi (and if you are willing to use it also in
development) you can leverage its spooler or cron functionalities [1] to
handle these tasks. Or they can be implemented as django management
commands so you don't need another script to call them via http.

[1] http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/PythonDecorators.html

What would be the advantage to writing a python management script that
works through http? My plan was to write a python management script and add
it as a cron job (about one minute for the processing of uploaded crashes
and once a day for the crash count).

The advantage that I currently see for an independent script is that I can
call it from wherever I am. Not only if I'm logged-in. What would be the
benefit of the other solutions?

Regards
Markus

--