Il 31/05/2016 12:49, Markus Mohrhard ha scritto:
Hey Riccardo,

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Riccardo Magliocchetti
<riccardo.magliocchetti@gmail.com <mailto:riccardo.magliocchetti@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Yep, since you are using uwsgi (and if you are willing to use it also in
    development) you can leverage its spooler or cron functionalities [1] to
    handle these tasks. Or they can be implemented as django management commands
    so you don't need another script to call them via http.

    [1] http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/PythonDecorators.html

What would be the advantage to writing a python management script that works
through http?

None, what i am suggesting is to avoid http for management commands :)

> My plan was to write a python management script and add it as a
cron job (about one minute for the processing of uploaded crashes and once a day
for the crash count).

Calling a cron every minute seems a bit silly though, better use a queue in my opinion (like uwsgi spooler).

The advantage that I currently see for an independent script is that I can call
it from wherever I am. Not only if I'm logged-in. What would be the benefit of
the other solutions?

It's self contained and you don't need to setup anything outside your app.

Hope to have some time to poke at this the next weekend.

--
Riccardo Magliocchetti
@rmistaken

http://menodizero.it