On 12/01/2016 15:36, timofonic timofonic wrote:
I would love:

- Writer: The best of a "text processor". Become a powerful ide. Able to edit using markup languages. Able to use DVCS like Git.

You've got me on my hobbyhorse :-) Both emacs and (el)vi(m)(s), iirc, allow multiple edit windows on the same document. Okay, Michael has said with Writer's then current - I don't know how much it's been cleaned up since then - internals that is pretty much impossible. But if we can get multiple windows on the one document, then implementing WordPerfect's "reveal codes" mode should be incredibly simple - just have one window in wysiwyg mode, and the other in markup mode.

Pull that off, and you'll have all the old greybeard WP power users crying in delight ...

Cheers,
Wol