-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Quigley <gquigs@gmail.com>
To: libreoffice <libreoffice@lists.freedesktop.org>
Sent: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 15:41
Subject: Re: Remove ActiveX from LibreOffice

---------->8=====

My position on ActiveX is to leave it (lest we break applications in the wild,) and to *announce
its deprecation* with two goals: first, solicit the feedback of LO ActiveX consumers and, if so
inclined to continue using it, help in its support. And second, to flag a date in the future when
ActiveX will be completely removed from LO codebase, pending sufficient reason and support by its
consumers.

[Just to toss in a comment from a NOT NECESSARILY typical USER, I would probably fail to see any
depreciation notice unless it were thrown in my face each time I used the feature until I say (in
effect), "all right, Enough Already, SHUT UP!" aka, "Don't show this notice again." The same should
apply to revising any existing menu accelerators. --jl]

--
Jim