On 09/11/2014 07:05 AM, Jan Hubicka wrote:
Anyway those are warning I currently get with ODR type merging.  The first three are
quite puzzling - the type layout differs, but by abstract field so I am unable to print
out any resonable message. This may suggest difference in virtual inheritance or someting like
that (or just plain bug in my code comparing types).  I will dig deeper into it tomorrow.
[...]
/aux/hubicka/libreoffice/i18npool/inc/nativenumbersupplier.hxx:33:0: warning: type ‘struct
NativeNumberSupplier’ violates one definition rule [-Wodr]
 class NativeNumberSupplier : public cppu::WeakImplHelper2
 ^
/aux/hubicka/libreoffice/50-lto/workdir/UnoApiHeadersTarget/offapi/normal/com/sun/star/i18n/NativeNumberSupplier.hpp:29:0:
note: a type with different memory representation is defined in another translation unit
 class NativeNumberSupplier {
 ^
/aux/hubicka/libreoffice/50-lto/workdir/UnoApiHeadersTarget/offapi/normal/com/sun/star/i18n/OrdinalSuffix.hpp:29:0:
warning: type ‘struct OrdinalSuffix’ violates one definition rule [-Wodr]
 class OrdinalSuffix {
 ^
/aux/hubicka/libreoffice/i18npool/inc/ordinalsuffix.hxx:28:0: note: a type with different memory
representation is defined in another translation unit
 class OrdinalSuffix : public cppu::WeakImplHelper2
 ^
/aux/hubicka/libreoffice/50-lto/workdir/UnoApiHeadersTarget/offapi/normal/com/sun/star/i18n/TextConversion.hpp:29:0:
warning: type ‘struct TextConversion’ violates one definition rule [-Wodr]
 class TextConversion {
 ^
/aux/hubicka/libreoffice/i18npool/inc/textconversion.hxx:36:0: note: a type with different
memory representation is defined in another translation unit
 class TextConversion: public cppu::WeakImplHelper2
 ^

Those three are indeed clashes with cppumaker-generated C++ classes
corresponding to UNOIDL (new-style) services.  The clashes have been
fixed now as
<cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=91ba527a63f77658ee147515f1699792059aa2e5>,
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a6104092925a6fe9f96ca239c0292bd1539d5746>,

<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=63bc11b81f8af188564a385c1e501fd7334c343d>
"Avoid name clash with generated C++ class corresponding to UNOIDL
service."

Cool, would you mind showing me how they are different?  I could try to improve the error message
to be bit more informative then.

Honza

Stephan