Rene Engelhard píše v Čt 21. 03. 2013 v 11:04 +0100:
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:53:42AM +0100, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
It turns out that Calc and Base now need
/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/registry/writer.xcd present on the system.

Is this a wanted change or a bug?

Speaking of base, my guess is (but I'd be happy for a tester to
confirm) that one cannot (and never could) create / use any form or
report without Writer installed. So libreoffice-base should at least
recommend libreoffice-writer.

Yeah, probably we should do that, will do in Debian.

As to the "does not run at all", for both Base and Calc, ideally it
would be nice to see *which* setting in writed.xcd they need, and
maybe migrate this to a common/base file?

Yes. I would not like making -base and -calc making it *depending* on writer
hard.

I think that it is also the other way around. AFAIK, you could not use
data sources in Writer without Base.

BTW: I wonder if embeded objects are can be used if you do not have
installed the related part. So, I am afraid that all parts depends on
all other parts if you want to use some features.

Best Regards,
Petr