hi,
On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 01:34:51PM +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
I think that it is also the other way around. AFAIK, you could not use
data sources in Writer without Base.

True. That's why we invented http://packages.debian.org/libreoffice-base-core

BTW: I wonder if embeded objects are can be used if you do not have
installed the related part. So, I am afraid that all parts depends on
all other parts if you want to use some features.

True. But that (and the above) is guessable and can be fixed by just installing
the component is you *need those features*
("oh, database stuff? install base stuff", "oh, calc object? maybe I should
install calc"...)

This issue here is about calc and base not even starting up. This is more
serious.

Regards,

Rene