On 06/21/2012 08:08 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:57 PM, David Ostrovsky
<david.ostrovsky@gmx.de>  wrote:
[...]
As I explained on IRC: someone that _is_ a Committer can do some
modification and still push the patch with you as author and him as
commiter (git allow that, if we used svn like some other Indians, your
scenario - author does not appear in the log unless he is the commiter
- would be the norm.

a given patch can have only one author... you don't get shared credit
on a single patch...
the alternative is to push a broken patch and then another patch to
correct it... that is pushing breakage that render bisection very
painful only to be pedant about 'authorship'. no thanks

You said: "it can not be solved with gerrit: only i can change my gerrit
patch/change."

So it's probably more of an "it cannot be solved with git" (evolving a patch in discrete steps and having information about the discrete steps recorded in the final git history, yet hiding the steps in a single unit for purposes of bisecting; one longs for such a feature occasionally).

As long as the standard gerrit workflow is to automatically preserve the initial patch's authorship when pushing it (whereas having to manually add comments about additional person's polishing activities into the git commit message is acceptable, as with the current patch-on-ML workflow), this is IMO OK.

Stephan