On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 01:43:26PM +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:26:23PM +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

When the gerrit repos are the "true one source" and gerrit will do
the "push" automatically once someone validates the patch in the
web interface, what will "Committer" be? The one that uploaded the
patch or the one that validated it in the web interface?  IMHO it
would be nice if it would be the one that validated in the web
interface.

Author will be the whoever was the original author. Commiter will be
be the guy/gal pressing the submit button. Everyone giving a
codereview+1 will be a signoff in the commit.

So you are saying "Committer" will be the one giving codereview+2?
That's nice!

I also understand our policies will *not* be automated? By policies, I
mean:

 - libreoffice-3-5 needs *one* review
 - libreoffice-3-5-5 needs *three* reviews

In a dream world, gerrit would be configured for these policies, and
would automatically push a patch that has *one* codereview+2-for-3-5
to libreoffice-3-5, but automatically push a patch that has *three*
codereview+2-for-3-5-5 to libreoffice-3-5-5.

I understand gerrit is not able to "understand" such policies and we
will continue to enforce them "manually" by giving only codereview+1
unless there are already two other codereview+1.

--
Lionel