On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 03:09:34PM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
The wiki page says you have to create a ssh key; I hope it is not
necessary, and one can reuse his fd.o key?  If yes - can we automate
that in any way, to save the admins work?

Thats a bit tricky - we can try to get the fd.o guys to throw the public keys
over the fence, but to map them to the gerrit accounts, you would have to:
- create the account (login with OpenID once)
- add your email address in the preferences
at which point you are almost there anyway. Also I dont know if fd.o has a
key-to-git-email-mapping at all.

And - in the ideal case when everything is working as expected, will
there be need for fd.o accounts, or the later people with direct push
access will be OK with just the gerrit ssh key?

Just the gerrit key. In the ideal case, there wont be a need for fd.o accounts
anymore -- it will be a read-only mirror in the end. This also has the
advantage that we take complete control over commit access ourselves --
hoppefully speeding up the time to give someone commit acccess(*).

Best,

Bjoern

(*) Well, with gerrit everybody has reviewed commit access. But we would even
control on our own, who we give access to commit to master without/bypassing
review (which will be those who have commit access on fdo now in the
beginning).