Hi Tor,

I looked at the miscopt.*xx. When searching for other alike classes I did find several, for example:
- /core/unotools/source/config/misccfg.cxx
- /core/unotools/source/config/printwarningoptions.cxx
- /core/svtools/source/config/optionsdrawinglayer.cxx
- /core/svtools/source/config/menuoptions.cxx

So this isn't a single occurance of this complexity.

What does needs to be changed in the slidesorterbaropt.*xx? I'm not sure what you want. A lot of complexity can be removed. Is the mutexguard still needed? I think so but I don't know the reasons to cut it in 2 classes. Isn't it simpler to always save the preferences when the class is destroyed? Then a simple boolean-variable is enough to save in the impl-class. The need to create a different class for these values is that you need to set the ROOTNODE for the configItem-class

Please help me in how to proceed with this patch. I'm not sure what to do next.

--
Greetings,
Rob Snelders