It will take a while for me to digest and approve the patch (others
are welcome to do it quicker, of course), but just a few stylistic
questions at a start:

- You use the old Oracle LGPL-only header in a couple of new files the
patch introduces. Is this because the files in question are largely
based on existing files thatuse that license/header, or just an
oversight? Somebody, correct me if I am wrong, but I think new code
should be MPL licensed, and use the must shorter
TEMPLATE.SOURCECODE.HEADER. (Patches to existing code should be
MPL/LGPL dual licensed.)

- Is it really a convention to use those @ATTENTION thingies? I see
only a handful of those elsewhere in the codebase.

- Do we really want to introduce new instances of ASCII graphics like
?

(My own opinion is that at some point we should do a really
heavy-handed automatic cleanup up the codebase and remove all silly
ASCII graphics delimiters around comment blocks, separating functions
etc.)

--tml