On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 08:06:12PM +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
However [crazy idea], since we now have a Print dialogue that already
contains a preview, might it be worth thinking about just removing the
separate print preview feature and making the print preview inside the
dialogue a little bigger?

No. Reasons:
1. The 'Page Preview' mode shows the content on the page size set in
the page style. The preview in printing dialog considers real paper
size and settings of the 'Page Layout' tab of that dialog. It also
considers selections.

*cough* I dont know if that is a feature. I would assume 99% of our user base
to be confused by 'Page Preview' and 'Print Preview' showing different things
rather than considering it a feature.

2. The 'Page Preview' mode has a zoom and a full screen mode.

Well, couldnt those be added in the Print Preview too?

3. The 'Page Preview' mode allows changing of margins and column
width by dragging with the mouse. Especially altering the margins
here is very important, because the 'Page Preview' shows header and
footer and considers repeat rows/columns and shows the table
position.

As Kohei suggest further down this is actually implemented in a
buggy/incomplete way and I find "I will go in the page preview to change
margins (even though it does not use the real paper size, but the one from the
page style)" not really a usecase justifying a whole different view.

So in total, I still like Astrons crazy idea.

Just my 2 cents.

Best,

Bjoern