On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 02:19:59PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
 I don't think it would hurt parallelism much, because the linking of svx
needs to be done somewhen, and make should have enough of other stuff to do.
On the other hand, I doubt such one change would change much. Could gbuild be
changed so that each library target depends on its dependent libraries not
only for linking, but also for compiling its sources?

Yes, it could, but that would be throwing the baby out with the bath tub. After
all, all we want is _some_ linking to be done earlier. Creating a file
DoNotLinkAllInTheEndHack.mk containing just a few "artificial" Deps and include
that would be enough:
$(call gb_Library_get_header_target,sw) \
$(call gb_Library_get_header_target,swui) \
$(call gb_Library_get_header_target,sc) \
$(call gb_Library_get_header_target,sd) :| $(call gb_Library_get_target,svx)

without creating too much artificial dependencies.

Best,

Bjoern