On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 14:37 -0800, julien2412 wrote:
On 3.5 updated some days ago, here's the difference between the moment I open
Calc (so before freeze) and after the moment the freeze stops (once I typed
something) :

        Great - so, loading / bootstrapping the python stuff is also something
of a problem it seems: urgh ! or perhaps ( as Tommy suggests )
autocorrect is implicated too.

        The best way to 'profile' this (if it takes several seconds), is
usually to run and attach gdb from a separate remote machine; do the
thing that takes lots of time, and do a ctrl-c - then look at the
backtrace. I'd personally do that twice - once with some continues, so
press ctrl-c five time once per second for the 5 seconds [ basically
dumb sampling profiling ], and log the stack traces (with symbols).

        Then I'd do it again, and type 'finish' in each method until it takes
several seconds to finish ;-) then you found the method that takes the
time.

        It'd be great to get a bug opened to collect the detailed information
on this. Clearly we don't want such delays when you start typing.

        Thanks !

                Michael.