Hi Tomcsik
On 28/02/12 08:46, Tomcsik Bence Tibor wrote:
Hello,

I want to modify the ObjectCatalog class to be able to dock left side of the window. http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/basctl/source/basicide/objdlg.hxx#67
I like that idea ( and wanted to do that forever ) Have to say, in all my time I never even noticed this dialog :-)

The objdlg.src file contains lots of informations about positions and other things so if you change ObjectCatalog from FloatingWindow to BasicDockingWindow, then you have to deal with the rewrite of the objdlg.src file. http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/basctl/source/basicide/objdlg.src
Is it possible to keep ObjectCatalog as FloatingWindow?
hrm, I have little clue about vcl but the name would suggest not, those other windows you mention ( Watch etc. ) are DockingWindows which seems necessary to do what you want, e.g. 'dock' :-) I doubt though that objdlg.src would need to change much, would it ? I mean other than changing the FloatingWindow to DockingWindow what do you need to change ?

So far I tried to change to BasicDockingWindow (and changed the constructor and source file too), but if I click on the Object Catalog button, the program stops.
looking at the stack or the core for that might through some light on it

I'd try changing the src file and see if that helps

Noel