On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:39:10 +0100, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@suse.com> wrote:

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 12:45 +0100, Tommy wrote:
i write a word then hit space... the cursor seems frozen for 5 to 9
seconds (depending how fast is the machine i'm working with)
and then moves to the space and let you write other words.

        That -really- still sounds like the Java slowdown to me. That is when
I'd expect languagetool to get it's clogs on.

if I use a virgin setup of OOo/LibO without my user profile I do not see
that freeze

        Sure - but then the LangaugeTool extension would be registered in your
user profile too ;-) Can you check in the extension manager that it is
removed from the system rather than just disabled or whatever.

I have no LT extension installed and never I had that
there's no trace of it in the extension manager

        You can of course double check by looking at the:

        lsof -p `pidof soffice.bin`

        to see if Java is loaded before and/or after you type that word.

        ATB,

                Michael.

sorry but it looks arabic to me