On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 16:38 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Andor,

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 16:05 +0100, Andor E wrote:
I have read recently that LibreOffice 3.5 will support an online mode.

      Correct :-) at least - this is a prototype feature, and it needs a
chunk of work to productise it, but you can certainly play with it.

I'm aware that this is still experimental, but I'd like to give it a
test anyway, since we are highly interested in such a feature.

      Great :-)

 I was unable to find any documentation how to host LibreOffice.
Could someone give me some pointers, where I have to start?

      So - I spent some time writing this out below. Do you think you can
create a wiki page and dump the details in there in a prettier format by
any chance ? [ that would help others with the same question ], and mail
the link back :-)

      So - firstly, it requires a Linux server; and then it requires a very
recent version (git master) of gtk3, or failing that, I back-ported the
required fixes for openSUSE 12.1 here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/michael_meeks:/branches:/openSUSE:/12.1:/Update/standard/i586/
from
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Amichael_meeks%3Abranches%3AopenSUSE%3A12.1%3AUpdate

Howdy,

Hope you don't mind.

Added Micheal's repo to SuseStudio.

From within an OpenSUSE 12.1 (32bit) vm project, go to the Software tab,
click on Add repository and enter the name: mm-gtk3

That adds the repo to your project, then you can add individual packages
as needed, as usual.

ok, could of come up with a better name, I suppose ;)

//drew

<snip>