On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:01:32 +0100
Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com> wrote:

On 01/04/2012 04:35 PM, Hanno Meyer-Thurow wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 15:57:58 +0100
Stephan Bergmann<sbergman@redhat.com>  wrote:
On 01/04/2012 03:58 PM, Hanno Meyer-Thurow wrote:
[...]
Doxygen won't be shipped with LO source like all the other 3rd parties?! Interesting ...

God no!

Hmm, quite strange to me but o well ...

And what do you mean with "generate the documentation anyway"?

If doxygen is there, you can use it anyway.

Which happens with the implicit --with-doxygen=yes (i.e., pick doxygen
from path) option.

Hmm, that kind of "evil" automagic I do not like ...

If the generation has to be configurable, chain it to --with-help or
--with-helppack-integration or so?!

I'd say these are rather unrelated, so would prefer not to combine them.

One kind of help for a developer is what doxygen generates I would say.

But it would be odd if generation of HTML docu for SDK C++ stuff were
controlled by --with-help while generation of HTML docu for SDK Java
stuff were not.  And an SDK w/o docu makes little sense, so generally
controlling generation of HTML docu for any SDK stuff via --with-help
does not look right, either.

... and ending in this mess. That should be fixed in one or another unified way.

        "... an SDK w/o docu makes little sense ..."

Sure, like I said in the beginning, enforce the tool(s) for docu generation;
always(case: odk enabled) and for any SDK (C++, Java, Python, etc ...).
In the sense of keeping it simple.

        "... controlling generation of HTML docu for any SDK stuff via --with-help
          does not look right ..."

Mind the "... or so?!" part of mine. Feel free to use '--with-developer-help' or
something like that. I just did not like the flag named after one tool that is subject
to change in future and surely for other SDKs.

I still do not like the extra flag. Well, it is just me ... ;)

Or leave it to pure automagic with configuration notice.

Or add that doxygen flag, just another funny flag.

Should the configure flags not be reduced and/or simplified?
I thought there was something like that on the list before ...

Hanno