On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 15:30:03 +0100
Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Hi Stephan,

<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8907d159378b518a769e9f8c4f67290ec588a77d>

"Temporary hack to work around autodoc bug" made it even more evident
that our home-brewed autodoc is not up to its task and should be replaced.

So, I tried to switch to doxygen when generating the C/C++ header
documentation in odk/pack/gendocu.  (There are apparently various
alternatives to doxygen out there; I did not bother to look at any of
them, given that doxygen is something of an "industry standard."  Speak
up if you know of a superior alternative.)

The build then has an additional dependency on the doxygen executable as
a prerequisite.  This can be controlled via --with-doxygen, where an
explicit --without-doxygen disables generation of the C/C++
documentation in odk (and --disable-odk skips the doxygen check
completely in configure).  Tinderboxes that have no doxygen installed
would need an explicit --without-doxygen to avoid configure failures.
(Reportedly, doxygen works well on Mac OS X and Windows, but I did not
check that.)

I would not like to see a new configure flag for doxygen, the odk flag suffices;
generate the documentation anyway. Otherwise it is always good to use standards.

If the generation has to be configurable, chain it to --with-help or --with-helppack-integration or
so?!

Regards,
Hanno