On Sun, Dec 04, 2011 at 12:14:57AM -0800, Mike Whiteley wrote:

I respectfully disagree with some of your recommendations.

I can be mistaken. Let's discuss the points where you disagree.

As long as the basic point is getting across, I think it is probably
good enough.

Yes, but:

This will take forever, if we have to be 100% consistent with the
machine version,

"Machine version"? What are you talking about?

They are just comments,
and even then, some of them are poorly worded and ambiguous.

Oh yes, they are, I agree with you there.

Striving to be 100% consistent with the German comments is not
always the best way to go about this.

Yes, but when I said "closer to the German", I should have said
"closer to what I guess the code that is commented is. I don't know if
you are a programmer, so that you can make a good guess at the code
organisation, but in this particular point, the meaning of the German
makes - to me - more programming sense than the meaning of the
English."

--
Lionel