Hey,

Looks very promising.  Just one minor comment, I would move away from the
"unoapi" name (and corresponding qa/unoapi directory).  The concept of the
qadevOOo unoapi tests was to use more-or-less generic code to test all the
interfaces of all the UNO objects exposed by OOo (so that all the objects
that implemented, say, XPropertySet would get more-or-less the same
treatment of all the methods comprising XPropertySet).  Do you plan to do
likewise with your new approach?

No, I did not. IMHO a test should be as simple as possible as long as
it is easily debuggable at the same time. If there is need to test the
XPropertySet interface of a service then write a test and if there is
some similar test code refactor it. I think that this is the better
approach than over-engineering the test framework as done in qadevOOo.

(I'd suggest not to, at least not in the
excessively generic style of qadevOOo.  It certainly makes sense to factor
out test code useful in various scenarios, but one main property of test
code is that it should be simple---so simple that you can trust it is
testing what you intend it to test, and that a failing test makes it
glaringly obvious where the failure is.  Something the is completely lacking
from the qadevOOo concept.)

I totally agree. And I think that this is a huge advantage of this
concept. You can write simple test cases and if they fail you can set
a breakpoint at the suspicous line in the test file and step into the
code.

Your new tests are plain unit tests like the other new sc/qa/unit tests.
 That they are hooked up to subsequentcheck rather than unitcheck is only to
not slow down builds, not because they inherently cannot be run during a
build (like the original qadevOOo based tests that require a complete LO
installation).  Maybe it would make sense to put them into a sc/qa/extra
directory?

Good point. I'll do that.

Markus