On 11/11/11 20:42, Michael Meeks wrote:
     SvtMiscOptions aMiscOptions;
     const bool bExperimentalMode = aMiscOptions.IsExperimentalMode();

        Should get that for you to switch on; Noel - do you think that's
enough ?:-)  or do you really want the setting for this so it can be
turned off ?
My preference is to have a setting so this can be toggled on/off, I think that such a switch should relax the potential requirement of using the 'Experimental' mode. The same switching logic/code needs to be done regardless. Of course if dynamically switching to/from displaying line numbers was causing issues we could additionally show/hide the 'setting' via the 'Experimental' mode ( should only be a handful of lines more to do that ) As mentioned previously I think the simplest way to achieve this is to put a new menu item under 'View' e.g. "Display Source Line Numbers" ( one of those checkbox entries ) I did also suggest using some sort of button in one of the basic IDE specific toolbars but a menu entry is far simpler. Hope that makes sense.

Noel