Hi Kendy

OK, good; so what you can do to help to analyze it more, is to look at
the strace output, and see if the reason for hang in
java.net.PlainSocketimpl.socketAccept is actually something that can be
worked around.

I have got an strace, it is at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Bug_35023_strace.log.7z

The approximate times for the operations I was carrying out are:
Start  19:05
Open test.odb
Go to tables pane 19:06:22 - 19:06:40
Open table 19:07 - 19:08 (first show) - 19:08:45 (finish loading 1st page)
Maximise  19:09:07 - 19:09:35 (finish loading 1st page)
Go to last record 19:09:50 - 19:11:56

I cannot find any reference to anything like java.net.PlainSocketimpl.socketAccept in the trace.

What I notice is that there is a set of lines starting with
read(72
and ending with
close(72)

(the number is not always 72) that is repeated more or less identically some 12,000 times in the 7 minute run. Since each set appears to take around .02 seconds that alone would account for some 4 minutes of the run.

John