2011/10/6 Radek Doulík <rodo@novell.com>:
On Thu, 2011-10-06 at 04:13 -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
One thing I noticed. It might be useful to run tinderboxes without gcc
optimization (ie. with -O0). It makes huge difference in compile time -
more than 10 times faster on my system and could make the tinderbox
turnaround much faster.

Yes, but the generated daily build would be less usefull that way and
possibly hide optimisation-induced bug until the last minute.

I thought the point of tinderboxes was to check quickly whether the tree
is buildable and report failure if not. I would consider differences
between whether an optimized or a non-optimized compilation would
complete to be compiler bug and ignore these. IMO, I would prefer
quicker turnarounds. Even more when the turnaround can be in order of 10
hours.

OTOH, we would need first to see how much would -O0 save for the whole
build.

I'll give it a shot...

Norbert