On Thu, 06 Oct 2011 13:42:52 +0200
Jan Holesovsky <kendy@suse.cz> wrote:

On 2011-10-06 at 10:58 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

  Also newcomers (without procmail rules) who finally got their
first commit in are scared away from the project, because these
mails are telling them they either got it wrong (which is what a
first commiter would suspect) or others around him are careless are
not encouraging at all.

Just a small correction, we are mailing people pushing the commits,
not the authors, so this is fine.

Thanks for the correction, but I dont think it changes much about my
point: Newcomers are already reluctant to get commit access ("Oh, I
rather just send patches until I feel more at home" is heard quite
often) and getting the full nine yards on their first selfpushed commit
isnt encouraging either.

Best,

Bjoern

--