A few comments inline below.

At 15:12 5-10-2011, Noel Grandin wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to write a machine translation program for the remaining german comments in the source code (using google-translate to do the heavy lifting).

Is this acceptable?
I'm not a german speaker, so I won't be able to vet the resulting translation for accuracy, but I've done this before for other applications, and the results were deemed reasonable.

I have the basic process working already (see below), but still lots of tweaking to go.

Thanks, Noel Grandin

automation/source/simplecm/simplecm.cxx:417: CommunicationLinkRef rHold(pCL); // H?lt den Zeiger bis zum Ende des calls automation/source/simplecm/simplecm.cxx:417: CommunicationLinkRef rHold(pCL); // Keeps the pointer to the end of calls

-> "... to the end of the call"

automation/source/testtool/cmdstrm.cxx:375: /// #59513# nicht mehr ben?tigt ( siehe oben ) automation/source/testtool/cmdstrm.cxx:375: /// # 59 513 # bentigt not (see above)

Should translate to "no longer needed (see above)".

--------------REJECTED---------------------------------
automation/source/testtool/objtest.cxx:3107:// to prevent VorlagenLaden/UntergeordneteIniDatei/SpeichernDlg/OrdnerDlg/OeffnenDlg/MessageBox/LetzteVersion/GrafikEinfuegenDlg/FarbeDlg/ExportierenDlg/DruckerEinrichten/DruckenDlg/DateiEinfuegenDlg/Active
automation/source/testtool/objtest.cxx:3107:// to preventable

Not sure what to advise here...

basctl/source/basicide/baside2.cxx:263:// "Import" von baside4.cxx
basctl/source/basicide/baside2.cxx:263:// "Import" of baside4.cxx
basctl/source/basicide/basidesh.cxx:257: // Damit bei einem Basic-Fehler beim Speichern die Shell nicht sofort basctl/source/basicide/basidesh.cxx:257: // This not a basic error when saving the shell immediately

The German sentence is incomplete.
I think the English translation should be something like: "To prevent the shell from [missing end of sentence] when a Basic error occurs during saving."

basic/source/app/textedit.cxx:260: if ( r.nStart > r.nEnd ) // Nur bis Bug von MD behoben basic/source/app/textedit.cxx:260: if ( r.nStart > r.nEnd ) // Fixed bug only to the MD

I don't understand the German comment.

basic/source/classes/sbunoobj.cxx:2721: // nicht als feste Property in das Object aufgenommen werden und basic/source/classes/sbunoobj.cxx:2721: // are not included as a fixed property in the Object

The German source is an incomplete sentence, so it's hard to judge the translation.

basic/source/runtime/props.cxx:93:    // liefert eine leere Objekt-Variable.
basic/source/runtime/props.cxx:93:    // returns an empty object variable.
basic/source/sbx/sbxvar.cxx:179: // Because the method could be called from outside, check the Da die Methode von aussen aufrufbar ist, hier noch einmal basic/source/sbx/sbxvar.cxx:179: // Because the method could be called from outside, check the outside, as the method is accessible from here again

Ah, so Google alto translates Denglisch to English. ;-)
I think the English translation should be something like: "Since the method can be called from outside (outside what?), [missing verb/end of sentence] [needs to? / should be?] again here."

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe