On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman@redhat.com> wrote:
On 09/26/2011 11:23 PM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:

So... my Linux tinderbox hanged again in make check... after only 3
green iterations... I have not noticed for 7 hours, nor anyone else
apparently...

Would that be
<http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&full-log=1317053012.10270>?
 Unfortunately, there is no information about the hanging build left, so it
is impossible to tell what the problem was here.

here the tail of the make check log.
LOG> Log started 26.08.2011 - 11:34:33
checking: [forms.OEditModel::com::sun::star::beans::XMultiPropertySet]
is iface: [com.sun.star.beans.XMultiPropertySet] testcode:
[ifc.beans._XMultiPropertySet]
LOG> Execute: getPropertySetInfo()
Method getPropertySetInfo() finished with state OK
LOG> getPropertySetInfo(): PASSED.OK

LOG> Execute: setPropertyValues()
LOG> starting required method: getPropertyValues()
LOG> Execute: getPropertyValues()
LOG> starting required method: getPropertySetInfo()
Method getPropertyValues() finished with state OK
LOG> getPropertyValues(): PASSED.OK

LOG> Changing all properties
Method setPropertyValues() finished with state OK
LOG> setPropertyValues(): PASSED.OK

LOG> Execute: addPropertiesChangeListener()
LOG> starting required method: getPropertyValues()
make[1]: *** [/fast/core/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/JunitTest/forms_unoapi/done]
Error 1

The log was not sent because I Ctrl-C the tinderbox itself, so it had
no chance to send an email

Did you already experience builds hung in make check earlier?  I was not
aware of that.
make check trigger make dev-install which trigger smoketest... which
had been hanging, untile mmeeks added a timeout

What would be helpful in such a case would be an overview of running
processes, together with stacks from the suspects (cppunittester,
soffice.bin).

This is a tinderbox. It is meant to run un-attended for long period of
time (for instance I am expecting it to survive on its own while I'm
at LOConf in Paris). What-ever diagnostic is needed must be collected
automatically.

so clearly running make check is not ready for prime time. I'm turning
that off on my box for now.

So, looks like I need to set up my own tinderbox?  Hm.

The more the merrier :-)

Norbert